Saturday, August 1, 2009
Blog, Facebook and PAS Youth Exco (Part III)
Shortly after performing my Friday Prayer, I came home for lunch.. I was deprived of home cook lunch for many weeks due to endless paper work and appointments. Whilst lunching at home, I turned on Bernama News and saw Mukhriz Mahathir being interviewed on the Internal Security Act or ISA protest. Its true what Mukhriz said, that we.. Malaysian had discounted and taken for granted the peace we enjoy under the shelter of the present system... including the ISA.
Maybe it is naive of me to disagree with the abolishment of the ISA but I observed whilst doing business in Thailand, Indonesia and travelled to Phillipines, Vietnam, Europe and other parts of the world, the racial harmony and peace in our country is far superior... hence, the system with ISA.
I had problem understanding PAS, DAP, PKR philosophy and resolutions but being civil minded, I took the effort to understand. I want to understand if the public voted for PAS or PKR (or other opposition) because of what they stood for or because of their personality?
I had as much problem searching for PAS exco line up as I had with understanding their resolutions. After hours of googling, facebooking and browsing the net, I found PAS Youth EXCO members list.
As a civilised citizen and a Kelantanese, I tried to understand the philosophy and resolution of PAS with failure.... but I never had any reason to even try to learn and understand their generals, machineries.. moreover their exco members... until now. Why? that is story for another blog posting....
PAS Youth Exco comprised of 36 youth member (including the appointed exco & state Youth Chief) as opposed to our 43 UMNO Youth excos (including the appointed excos & state Youth Chief).
Youth EXCO with both a Facebook (FB) account and a blog.
8 PAS Youth exco have both a Facebook (FB) account and a blog VERSUS 7 UMNO youth excos
1) PAS Youth Chief (Pahang Chief): Ustaz Nasruddin Hassan At Tantawi (See: Nasruddin FB, Nasruddin Blog)
2) Information Chief: Suhaizan Kaiat (see: Suhaizan FB, Suhaizan Blog)
3) Khairul Faizi Ahmad Kamil (Johor Chief) (see: Khairul FB, Khairul Blog)
4) Ustaz Nik Mohd Abduh Nik Abdul Aziz (see: Abduh FB, Abduh Blog)
5) Ustaz Riduan Mohd Nor (see: Riduan FB, Riduan Blog)
6) Ustaz Mohd Nazri Chik (see: Nazri FB (Dormant), Nazri Blog)
7) Zamakhshari Muhammad (see: Zamak FB, Zamak Blog)
8) Mior Isfandy Mior Azizan (see: Mior FB, Mior Blog)
Youth EXCO with only an FB account but without any Blog
5 PAS Youth Exco have only an FB account VERSUS 14 UMNO Youth exco members.
9) Vice Youth Chief: Ahmad Sabki Yusof (see: Sabki FB)
10) Treasurer: Adram Musa (see: Adram FB)
11) Zuraidin Abdullah (see: Zuraidin FB)
12) Ustaz Wan Sukairi Wan Abdullah (see: Sukairi FB)
13) Ustaz Sollehen Mukhyi SELANGOR (see: Mukhyi FB)
Youth EXCO with only a blog without FB account
4 PAS Youth Exco owns a blog without any FB account VERSUS 2 UMNO Youth exco
14) Election Director: Firdaus Jaafar (see: Firdaus Blog)
(note: too many Firdaus Jaafar on Facebook- didnt know which is the Pas exco)
15) YB Ustaz Nasir Zakaria (see: Nasir Blog1, Blog2)
16) Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor (see: Sanusi Blog)
17) Mohd Taufek Abd Ghani NEGERI SEMBILAN (see: Taufek Blog)
Youth exco WITHOUT both FB account or Blog
19 PAS Youth Exco does not have any FB account nor blogs VERSUS 20 UMNO Youth exco.
18) Dep Youth (Terengganu Chief) : Ustaz Azman Shapawi Abd Rani
19) Secretary: Kamaruzaman Mohamad (Wilayah Persekutuan Chief)
20) Ustaz Kamal Ashaari
21) Ir Hj Muhd Khairil Nizam Khairuddin
22) Abdullah Abdul Karim
23) Dr Raja Ahmad Al Hiss Yaakob
24) Anuar Ali (note: too many anuar ali on facebook and google. cant find the correct person)
25) Ustaz Yussaine Yahya
26) Mohd Sany Hamzan
27) Ustaz Mohd Fuad Osman
28) Ustaz Mohd Nazri Din
29) Zulqarnain Luqman
30) Ustaz Ya'akub Abu Seman - PERLIS
31) Musoddak Ahmad - KEDAH
32) Ustaz Mohd Hafiz Nordin PENANG
33) Ustaz Norazli Musa PERAK
34) Ustaz Kamarudin Sidek MELAKA
35) Mohamad Zaki Ibrahim KELANTAN
17 or 49% of total PAS Youth exco is connected on cyber either through FB or Blog or both VERSUS 23 or 53% of total UMNO Youth exco.
8 or 23% of total PAS Youth exco is connected on cyber through BOTH FB & Blog VERSUS 7 or 16% of total UMNO Youth exco
5 or 14% of total PAS Youth exco is connected on cyber ONLY through FB VERSUS 14 or 33% of total UMNO Youth exco
4 or 11% of total PAS Youth exco is connected on cyber ONLY through BLOG VERSUS 2 or 0.05% of total UMNO Youth exco
The total PAS Youth exco with an FB account is 13 exco or 37%
The total UMNO Youth exco on FB account is 21 exco or 49%
The total PAS Youth exco with a blog is 12 exco or 34%
The total UMNO youth exco with a blog is 9 or 21%
There are various way to interpret the summary.
In total percentage, 49% of total PAS Youth Exco against 53% of total UMNO Youth exco are connected on cyber either through FB or Blog or both.
34% of total PAS Youth Exco against 21% of total UMNO youth exco is a BLOGGER.
PAS.. with all the masjid(s), surau(s), schools and kenduri(s) as their canvassing ground is also strongly represented on cyber with more percentage of their Youth exco in the blogosphere... and they still have time for protests and demonstrations. UMNO Youth although maintain a bigger quantum in the number of exco(s), they have less representation in the blogging community.
Of course these are only statistics... the activeness of the registered exco on their FB account and Blogging updates is still subjective.
Reading both UMNO and PAS exco's blogs and 'FB status updates' are fun. A lot can be learn (in term of personalities) from just these reading. One major difference between UMNO Youth @ Facebook and PAS Youth @ Facebook... PAS 'requested' to befriend (on FB) but majority of UMNO Youth only accept those people requested to be friends. Hence, PAS Youth are more aggresive seeking for 'friends' from the unbeknown.
Doing the cyber analysis on the main 'taiko(s)' in PAS and other opposition excos should be more interesting.